Here are some examples of Commissions I have completed for happy Clients. Copyright belongs to either myself or the client so please do not copy or download.
How to commission Malcy
This isn't as difficult or as expensive as you may think.
1. Contact me by email or via the contact page of this site and let me know your wish and any thoughts - I'll mail back my thoughts and suggestions on what may look best. I'll also give you an
approximate price which is governed by the amount of work involved. My smallest picture is A3 sized as A4 is simply too small. I also complete larger A2 sized pieces and have even gone upto A1.
Prices start at around £120.00 for A3 and then rise according to the amount of work involved.
2. If you're happy with the price you agree for me to go ahead and send me any portrait photos you want and, in the case of vehicles - any distinguishing features. I normally supply my own
vehicle in a suitable 'pose' but add the personalisation required. If you are buying a gift for someone, try interrogating them for any info (sneakily and without pain) before contacting me!!
3. I now do a rough draft of the concept, take a photo and send it to you for approval or, if wanted you can ask me to change things.
4. Once happy with the draft you agree for me to go ahead and finish the picture.
5. When finished I take another picture and send it to you for approval. If you are happy you are now asked to please transfer the money to me and once received I send the picture by 1st class
'signed for' mail. NO MONEY IS PAID UNTIL YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE FINISHED PRODUCT WHEN I SEND THE PHOTO.
6. I do not frame myself and do not ship frames as they inevitably get broken.
However, if someone wants to meet up with me to take possession of the picture - I travel to the Bristol area almost fortnightly currently. I also attend the tank museum for Tiger Day and Tank
Fest so that's another meeting opportunity.
With warning, I can have the piece mounted and framed professionally and charge you only what the framer charges me. However, the framing must please be paid with the picture cost prior to me
framing the picture.
7. If you want your commission then putting onto a mug or copying as a print it costs only the price of that product as listed on the other pages. If you want a mug designing or other design work
for products not offered on the site - POA Please just ask me.
I do not charge deposits and nor do I charge better known artists prices - go on give it a go - like others hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised!! I don't have any unhappy clients.